Now, you can get the chance to switch from your standard air cooling to the super cool one, which is the combination of water and air cooling in your system. Isn’t this exciting? You can now control the temperature of your PC, especially when you want to move the heat away from the hottest component.
You may have heard about the Water cool GPU but not the water-cooling CPU. But it is possible as you can even create your custom loop.
How does this water cooling even work?
You may have used air cooling, which is provided by fans, and that is enough as it keeps your computer cool. But there are several other options, too, if you think it is not the best option for your exclusive PC with lots of heat-generating components.
You may find several computer enthusiasts who may even add a water cooler to their CPUs that reduce the temperature of a GPU. The liquid will move in the tubes as it is a unique cooling system that will draw all the heat from your system. The heat sinks or fan will help you move the warmth from the hottest part, and it will help cool down and improve the performance of your system better.
Is it worth water cooling GPU or CPU?
You will not have to use the wear cool for GPU unless you desire to have it. Usually, fans are enough that helps to keep it cool with the proper thermal management. But GPU hits a high temperature, so you require a better cooling system with a better water cooler that will make a significant difference.
But if you get the cooler for the CPU, that will be more important than GPU coolers. It is crucial to keep the temperature low, which will help you spend time and money installing the GPU cooler.
Is it harmful to water cool?
It is essential to know whether the water cooler that you are using is dangerous. However, it is a rate, but this water cooler may fail, and the liquid will burst out of the tubes. It may even damage the component of your system and ruin the system.
How can you water cool your CPU and GPU?
Look below to learn about some steps which are involved in water cooling.
1. Decide what type of system you want to install
The first thing that you need to do is decide what type of system you are choosing. Whether it needs to be a custom loop or an AIO system? You need to consider everything about that, such as performance, maintenance, prices, and what it is best for.
You can even ask the professional about it and then only you should install it once. It can be expensive, but once you start using it, you will experience better things.
2. Choose the best AIO system
When you choose the AIO system that will come with an all-in-one kit, you should look for the GPU water that will cool it down and be compatible with your card. You also need to consider the fan’s size and available room. Using an AIO system will have larger fans that will help move more air and keep it cooler with the large fans.
3. Select the custom loop
Choosing the custom loops means you can create your system. Isn’t that fantastic? The users can make a loop that will work for the GPU and fit the space. It is pretty customizable, and there are certain parts of the system that it may have.
- The Radiators it has will move the heat away from any other components. It will help in cooling your system with the correct radiator.
- Water blocks also help cool down the liquid that may move through the loop. It s an integral part of the system, which also helps cool down the liquid and removes the heat from its components.
- Another option is a reservoir that holds the water waiting to be released into the loop. You can even combine it with the other parts.
- The next is a pump which you will find in the custom loop that forces the liquid through it.
- Fans also help dissipate even more heat.
- Tubes and Fitting is the option that creates the loop and even holds everything together.
- The liquid which is available in the tubes is what moves away the heat from the PC component.
Once you have selected all the different parts, you will lay them, which will help you prepare for building the system.
4. Put all pieces together
The AIO system will have a few things you need to put together, which will depend on the parts you choose. If you choose the custom loop, there will be several more things to do. First, you must ensure that everything is in the proper place and is kept at a distance from your computer. You also ensure you are not cutting the tubes too short.
5. Install the system
After that, you need to install the system on your PC.
- First, you need to install the fan in the right direction. You need to ensure you have the proper layout of the system.
- Install the suitable blocks on the GPU, but if you have one for the CPU, you should never get confused.
- You can manage the tubes and cables and ensure it is not interfering with the fans or any other PC component.
- Close the case and restart the system after checking all the screws and connections.
6. Install software
There are fans and pumps, but the software can only control them. Nevertheless, it is pretty helpful for a person in several ways, including the management of power. You can even manage the noise.
Maintenance and Care
If you have installed the cooling water system, you will not have to worry about its maintenance because there is not much of that. Just like the other components of a computer, it is self-sustaining, but you need to keep it dry and clean.
But you still need to check it periodically and ensure it works properly. Ensure it does not have any leakages or drops, the hoses are not kinked, and the fans are working correctly.